Saturday, November 29, 2008

Oops!

I occurred to me while straightening my hair this morning that I had not posted anything into my blog yet. I created the blog several months ago and had every intention of starting it then, but forgot. Planning a wedding has taken much more of my time than I thought it would. I have thoroughly enjoyed learning about social work. Before this class, I thought a social worker was just a person who works for DSS and takes children out of their homes. After reading the text and listening to the stories of Mr. Kellin, I have learned the great things that a social worker can do and how they are essential to our society of today. Even though I am not going to be a social worker, I plan to volunteer around my community much more than I do now. I would like to help out at York Place which is a home for children with special emotional needs who have been taken or kicked out of their homes. I also plan to spend more time at PATH in York.

Sorry again for just now starting my blog. Things happen I guess!!!

No comments: